Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rolo Pretzel & Pecan Bites (and a Bollywood Movie!)

While walking home from the subway a couple of nights ago, I noticed something extremely different about my block where I live. The difference made the apartment across my way light up.
That's because the difference on my block was a movie set!
Right outside my window was the camera. Seriously. This was the view from my window.
 And this was the main light that was illuminating my block. 
I had asked some street gawkers about what was filming and found out that a new Bollywood film titled Happy New Year was shooting and Shahrukh Khan was starring in it. I snapped a picture in case there are any fans out there that wanted to see him. :)
As exciting and so New York as this was, I couldn't help but grimace when the "ACTION!" was stilled being yelled at 10pm. Thankfully, it was all done by 11pm and my usually quiet street was brought back to normal.

Speaking of late nights (or almost late), in case you find yourself with the midnight munchies and need a quick fix, check out this easy and yummy recipe.
Rolo Pretzel & Pecan Bites(found at Glorious Treats)
Ingredients
Mini Pretzels (square of twist)
Rolos
Pecan Halves

Directions
Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees. Place the pretzels on wax paper that's on a cookie sheet. Unwrap Rolos and place one on each pretzel. Bake in oven for 4-5 minutes only.
When removed them from the oven, the Rolo will still be in the same shape as when it went in the oven. Place a pecan half on top of each Rolo and press down a bit. Place the entire baking sheet in the freezer for about 5-7 minutes to allow the Rolos to cool. Remove from freezer and enjoy! (Will also keep in a container for many days.) 

Bake well and prosper!

4 comments:

  1. Must be exciting seeing how Bollywood filmed at your home...

    Thanks for sharing the nice and easy rolo pretzel bites...they are great as munchies for all movies... including the Bollywood ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I make them every Christmas. I use small pretzels in the shape of "o"'s and also toast the pecans (really brings out the flavor) We call them Trailer Trash Turtles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB