Saturday, December 25, 2010

Cinnamon & Sugar Fried Pancakes (and my Christmas Day) - 100th POST!

I've recently been wondering what else I could use vegetable oil and cinnamon and sugar on ever since I made the Yummy Cinnamon and Sugar Pretzels.  I woke up and decided that I would be experimental for my last of 12 Days of Christmas Recipes (and my 100th post!) I treated myself to pancakes slathered in the cinnamon and sugar "sauce." 
I mixed pancake batter as usual and made the pancakes in a pan. Once they were done, I dunked them in the cinnamon and sugar "sauce" which consisted of 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Then I place them back in the pan on the stove and added more of the sugary part of the sauce on top of each side before flipping them. I removed them once the sauce had glazed and solidified on both sides of the pancakes. It was messy, but the results were great! (NOTE: Pour the left over "sauce" from the pan into an empty can. It could wreak havoc in your sink if you don't.) 
After my glorious Christmas breakfast (that had maple syrup on it, of course), I HAD to have a glass of milk. After two sips I spilled the rest on my newly cleaned counter. *sigh* Of course... It reminded me of this. How come I only spill milk RIGHT AFTER I clean the counter? 
After cleaning that up, I headed out to sing at the noon Christmas service at the church I sing for. 
Both the church and the service were gorgeous. Afterwards, I headed down to Chelsea to visit my friend Frankie while he was working at his coffee shop job. While we were chatting and spreading Christmas cheer by being silly, Mario Cantone (from Sex and the City fame) came in and gave a Christmas gift of COOKIES to Frankie and his coworker.
I was even more shocked to find out that HE MADE THEM HIMSELF! Frankie was kind enough to let me try one. Let me tell you, if Mario starts a baking blog, I'll be out of business. They were so good! (Mario, if you read this, please send me the recipe!) 

So all in all, I've had a good, normal New York City Christmas.

I hope you and yours have had a great Christmas too!

Bake well and prosper!

4 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look so yummy I want to grab one right out of my Mac Book monitor.

    And the cookies look great. Merry Christmas cookie cake. Glad you had a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with you and spilled milk?

    Congratulations on 100 posts. Unfortunately, training for my next Ironman starts today so I am back to looking and salivating for the next 9-months.

    Oh, love the new header photo!!

    Merry Christmas.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how cool is that??? Seems like there is so much celebrity spotting to be had in NY. Last time I was there I saw Nigella Lawson at Eataly!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB