Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Entry into a Cupcake Competition

After posting so many recipes before Christmas one would think that I would stay away from the kitchen and rest from baking for a little bit. Ah, well. Maybe next year. I wanted to experiment again and so I made cupcakes for the Chocolate Adventure Contest while presenting them as birthday cupcakes for my coworker. (Two birds...one cupcake.)

Since I can't share the recipe with you (yet), I figured I would share some pictures of the snow NYC saw this past week. 
It started snowing on Sunday, Dec 26 at 10 am and I went for a run. Yes. I went for a 6 mile run. Crazy, I know. By the time I had come back to my apartment the snow was sticking and quickly!

Later that evening when I arrived at my apartment again, I saw a site that confirms I'm truly a Texan even though I've lived in the northeast for almost 10 year.
Yep. That would be snow that had blown in on my curtain since I forgot to shut my window. Whoops!

The next morning I walked across the south side of Central Park to take pictures of the snow. Wow! So much pretty snow! 
It was comforting to know that I had cupcakes ready to keep me warm and happy.
I found this road sign really hilarious. What about you? 
I safely made it to my office. This Texan isn't afraid of snow! :)

At my office I took some shots of the snow from above.
Then I hunkered down to work and left the snow alone. But not the cupcakes. I ate those. :)
Have a great new year!

Bake well and prosper! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the snow photos!!

    It’s been a crazy winter in California too. Just last week we had frost on the ground and I had to wear a (lightweight) jacket during my run yesterday.

    Thanks for all the great posts in 2010 and have a happy new year.

    All the best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 6 miles! I have decided that every month I am going to add another minute to my run till I get to 25 (starting this month I'm at 21 minutes). HOpefully by my birthday i should be able to eat as many of those scrumptious looking cupcakes as I want.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your last picture showing your comforting-chocolate-flowing-cupcakes with a snowy NY backdrop. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB