Every time I see these, my spirits soar.
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup shortening
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup dried blueberries
1½ cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or silpat (if you like using either).
2. Cream together butter, shortening, and both sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel; beat until well blended.
3. Mix dry ingredients together; stir into creamed mixture. Blend well; add dried blueberries and white chocolate chips. (Erika's Extra: I used my Oh! Nuts dried blueberries. So flavorful!)
4. Drop by generous, rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment baking sheets. Keep cookies about 2″ apart. Bake 8–10 minutes, removing from oven when just barely done.
5. Cool on pans 5 minutes; remove to cool
Yields 4-5 dozen depending on size and how much dough you eat
Erika's Extras: I felt like the amount of white chocolate chips was a little overbearing. I ended up having so many at the bottom of my mixing bowl. I would go with 1 cup of white chocolate chips.