1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp water
raw, unsalted almonds for garnish
I made the chocolate frosting from my Chocolate Eclair Dessert recipe.
1/2 T butter, melted
1 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (Baker's squares)
1 1/2 T milk
1 T white corn syrup
1/2 t vanilla
3/4 C powdered sugar (Erika's Extras: I would suggest sifting the powdered sugar)
1. In a large bowl, cut the butter and cream cheese into the flour until mixture form coarse crumbs. With your hands blend the mixture until a smooth dough forms.
2. Flatten dough, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 1 hour, or until firm.
3. To make filling combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk. (Add more condensed milk as needed.)
4. When dough is chilled, remove from fridge and roll out on a floured surface into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Dough will be very thin.
5. Cut dough with a knife into 2 x 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
6. Spoon a heaping teaspoon amount of coconut filling onto center of half the rectangles. Moisten edges with water and place another rectangle of dough of top, pressing edges together.
7.Using a fork, seal the edges together all the way around.
8. Whisk egg and water together to form an egg wash and lightly brush egg wash over the top of each mini tart.
9. Bake at 375° on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until edges golden.
10. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
11.When cooled, place an almond on top of each tart. Make the chocolate topping by mixing all the ingredients together. Pour a teaspoon+ of frosting on top of each tart and allow to set.