Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Chocolate Cobbler

If you have been paying attention to the news then you know that NYC was hit by Hurricane Sandy. Ow!

I'm in a higher part of NYC so there was no flooding where my apartment is. It WAS very windy which made me scared that a lot of trees would fall.

My roomie snapped this photo of one of the trees that fell due to the storm.
Besides that, Astoria held up fairly well.
 
I didn't have much time to figure out what recipes I wanted to make before the subway/grocery stores shut down seeing I had an opera performance on Sunday at 2:30pm and the subways shut down at 7pm.
I sang my part of Camillo (a pants role), spoke to friends afterwards, and then caught one of the last trains to Astoria.
 
Which meant I had to assess my baking supplies and then figure out what I could make via allrecipes.com. (They have a great way to search recipes via ingredients.)
 
I found this chocolate cobbler and figured I'd give it a try.
 
It was very yummy and nice to eat warm while the storm was howling outside.
 
Too bad there was no natural light to be had for the photoshoot of this dessert. My roomie helped out by being my lighting with his head lamps. Ha!
 
I hope everyone in the NYC area is safe and warm. And if they have the ingredients they might as well make this recipe while the trains are still shut down. :) 
Chocolate Cobbler (adapted from allrecipes.com
6 tablespoons butter




3 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB