Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Green Cilantro)
Makes 18-24 cookies
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 ounces chocolate, chopped into bits (I used Ghiradelli 65% Cocoa chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl in which you can use a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugars. Once they are creamy, add the eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine.
4. Add the dry ingredients in two batches and mix. Finally, add the chocolate chips and just stir to incorporate.
5. Scoop balls of dough that are approximately 3 tablespoons worth onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they start turning golden brown.
6. Let cool on a cookie rack.
(Erika's Extra: Eat with a nice, cold glass of milk.)