Friday, October 5, 2012

Hey Blog! Happy Birthday! - White Chocolate, Strawberry, and Oatmeal Cookies

Yesterday I felt the baking bug bite. (Alliterations...gotta love 'em!) I just had to make something, even if it meant turning on the oven at 8:30pm (which I did.) Even if it meant ignoring my roomie's guests to make delicious cookie dough (which I did.) EVEN if it meant going to bed with a sugar high (which I definitely did.)

Today I perused my blog and realized that yesterday was my blog's anniversary. No wonder I just HAD to bake. I felt it in my bones!

I had been eyeing recipes that use dried strawberries and decided on this one because I had all the ingredients on hand. Obviously stopping at the grocery store was something I didn't want to do last night (even though I did everything else from the first paragraph. Ha!)
These cookies are REALLY sweet and REALLY yummy. My room mate made the comment that they taste like strawberry ice cream and I totally agree.

As for my blog's bday, what's happened in the last year since my last update?
Pretty much doing the same thing as the year before. Something different is that I'm singing more and running less (so burning off all these desserts is getting tricky!) Also, I've been growing my hair out since January. Check it out (photo is post a hair dryer blow-out. Usually I keep it curlier.)
 
Some of my favorite blog posts from this year are:
Seafoam Frosting - I really loved the peaks and color of this "family" recipe.
Vegan Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding Pie - It was my first time making a complex vegan dessert and it was REALLY good.
Black Forest Trifle made with Gluten Free Brownies - I made this gluten free AND in high altitude. It was just as good as the gluten version (if not better.)
Rosemary Orange Honey Fig Cake - I made a dessert that had a more sophisticated palate than most desserts I make, and I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed making it with my roomie.

Quite frankly, I am AMAZED that a year has gone by. Where did it go? I just remember that I enjoyed the majority of it. :)
White Chocolate, Strawberry, and Oatmeal Cookies (from myrecipes.com)
Ingredients
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 1/3 ounces)
1 cup regular oats 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 large egg
3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried strawberries
1/3 cup premium white chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. Place sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Add strawberries and chips; stir with spoon.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on pan 1 minute. Remove cookies from pan; cool completely on wire racks.

A little photo shopped fun for my blog's bday:
Bake well and prosper!

8 comments:

  1. drool- worthy and gorgeous photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah to singing more. Boo to running less. Happy birthday to you (blog) AND I'm loving the new longer hair look.

    That is all - Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to your Blog! I discovered you about a year ago. Happy I did!
    Bye the way, I LOVE your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the blog love. I still love baking and blogging and love to know people enjoy the blog.
    And cool - I'm glad the hair is a hit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erika,

    Happy blogiversary!!!

    I can't believe that 2 years has passed by so quickly. I do feel that we have been knowing each other for a long time...

    Btw...nice hair :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB