Friday, January 1, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - Day 8

So, for the eighth day of Christmas I decided to make TX millionaires. Which was sort of funny seeing I was sporting one of my most interesting necklaces which I like to call my Goldschlager "bling."

Check it out in baking action. These desserts are also known as turtles, however, TX Millionaires sound so distinguished and make this next picture make sense.

Texas Millionaires (from my Mom’s Best Recipes Cookbook)
1 14-oz caramels
2 T milk

Mix together in double boiler. Add 2 C chopped pecans. Drop by teaspoonful onto greased platter. Chill.

1 giant Hershey milk chocolate
1/8+ block paraffin
(This can be substituted with chocolate bark or chocolate candy coating.)

Melt in double boiler.

Dip candy in chocolate mixture and chill.

Bake well and prosper.

3 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB