Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Nice Idea for a Saturday Morning

When I was a kid, I used to wake up every Saturday and watch the Saturday morning cartoons. I had it down to an art. Once Garfield and Friends was done and the credits were rolling on channel 42, I would switch to channel 24 for The Tick. Life was good. Life was simple. I had a schedule and I was happy.

My joyous days of watching cartoons are long gone, but my good, simple, happy times on Saturday mornings are not. Introducing a simple, good, and happy recipe:

Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
All you need to do is find a pancake mix or recipe you like and add some lemon juice.
I really like Highland Sugarworks buttermilk pancake mix. Unfortunately, pancake mix and flour are quite the same and I got the mix EVERYWHERE (please see the aqua blue arrows in the picture below.)
All over my clean dishes. :( Yes, I'm even messy on Saturday mornings. *sigh*

So, make the pancakes and then add some blueberry jam on top. (Compote...jam....whatever. I told you this recipe would be simple!)

Voila! Simple and lovely pancakes that will make you and your tummy happy. You can get all the above baking items at Whole Foods....except the mess. I personally own that item.

Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB