Sunday, June 20, 2010

Girl & Boy Meet

I recently went to a friend's engagement party and ended up making cupcakes because a guest (and friend of mine) asked me to bring some. (Hi Michelle!)

I had a box of organic vanilla cake mix bequeathed to me from some people who left my apartment building. (For more info, see here: Me, as told by Cupcakes) So, to make more shelf space in my tiny apartment, I decided to whip up some quick cake batter. I also decided to decorate the cupcakes in pink and blue and added hearts to show the love of the couple (and to make them not look like they were for a baby shower.)

So now....a love story told by cupcakes:
Girl meets boy at a party.
Boy and girl start hanging out.
After many dates, laughs, mishaps, awkwardness, fun times, and miles of running, they realize that they have "love, true love" and get engaged.
(Below photo could represent the wedding...or the kids they will have.)
Ha! In all seriousness, congrats to Tiny Jenna & Tall Boy!

Recipe for cake and frosting: Me, as told by Cupcakes

(Why do cupcakes talk to me/tell stories? I should get this look at.)

Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet :) my birthday is this week if you want to make me something too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were awesome (even though Tall Boy ate MOST of it!) so sweet of you to bring them and so awesome to see you there...made the night so much fun :) you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read your "Ron's Ironman Cupcake, Cookie & Cake" post.

    You know, the one that you make him a caloric feast to celebrate his first full Ironman this Sunday.

    Oh, you're going to need a bigger pan :-)

    Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB