Sunday, April 18, 2010

There IS Nature in NYC

The other weekend I walked about Central Park taking pictures of the beautiful colors that nature had given NYC.
Whoa. That’s not it! That comes later. *shuffling through pictures* Ah. Here we go.

Promptly after enjoying nature, I buried myself in my kitchen to make some delicious brownies. Delicious = Malibu Rum.
Once again, here's another super natural brownie recipe with a couple of added "extras."
Make brownie batter and then add Malibu Rum (shouldn't exceed a cup.) Bake. With 10 minutes left to bake, add coconut on top for a nice toasted coconut topping.
Bake well and prosper!

*Thanks to Jen who took the picture of me pouring the rum!

5 comments:

  1. Great post :) Id love to be in NY right now. That brownie looks delish!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I looked up this recipe and it calls for two cups of Malibu Rum yet only one cup made it into your brownies. I *wonder* what could have happened to that other cup of rum?

    I guess we will never know....

    I looked for a tall opera singer with cupcakes for me in Boston. I must have missed you ;-)

    Another tasty post!!

    All the best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you're making your favorite chocolate cake recipe, after the cake cools, but before frosting, poke holes in it with a toothpick and pour Baileys all over the top. THEN, when you mix up the frosting, add about a half a cup to that as well. And you have...party on a plate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB