Sunday, December 27, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3

So, you've made a pie but have extra unbaked pie crust dough left over. "What to do?," you wonder. Well, take a little page out of my helpful tips and make Pie Crust Crisps.

Pie Crust Crisps (Something my mom made up as far as I can tell....she probably stole it from her mom.)
Leftover unbaked pie crust
Cinnamon and Sugar

Turn the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and use some flour to make sure the dough doesn't stick to the pin.

Once it is rather thin, cut strips of dough and place them on a cookie sheet. Add cinnamon and sugar and bake for about 15 minutes or until crisps are slightly golden brown. Enjoy.


Now if I can only figure out how to not get my hand all covered in flour......


Bake well and prosper!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB