Monday, November 4, 2013

SexyPop Brazilian Coconut Popcorn

A couple of weeks ago I was the lucky recipient of some SexyPop popcorn. Are you familiar with Pirate's Booty? Well guess what! That company recently introduced this fun, yummy, gluten free, cholesterol free, GMO free and rbGH free popcorn line. I enjoyed munching on the pepper flavored ones. Also the cheesy ones. Oh, and the salted ones. So, I guess I enjoyed them all!
 
When I first tried the Brazilian Coconut flavor, I instantly wanted to make it into a popcorn dessert.
So I did!
I took 3 ounces of dark chocolate, melted it in a pan on the stove with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once it was nicely melted I drizzled it over the popcorn and then tossed in some organic shredded coconut and some chopped up macadamia nuts. The combo was light and delightful. I stored the left overs in the freezer so the chocolate wouldn't get too messy.
 
The next day I took it to my cheering spot for the NYC marathon. It was the perfect snack to eat while cheering on the marathoners as they gallantly ran by me.
Aren't the trees AND the runners amazing? I enjoyed my view and cheering on the runners. Cheering works up an appetite and this popcorn treat hit the spot for the couple of minutes I took from cheering to fill my tummy!
Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

  1. So cute "cheering works up an appetite" LOL, you and I are kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB