Tuesday, July 30, 2013

King Arthur Blueberry Sour Cream Scones

If you read my blog, you know that I do a lot of baking for my coworkers.
 
Well, one of my coworkers visited the King Arthur Flour Factory and was nice to think of me and bring me a couple of boxes of mixes.
I usually bake most goodies from scratch, but I love the King Arthur brand and my curiosity was piqued. (I just realized that this recipe then can be included in my New Year's resolution: baking things out of my baking comfort zone. Woot!)

The batter was very easy to assemble and the scones were easy to construct. I should have used parchment paper on the cookie trays since the bottoms were burnt. Or maybe I need new cookie trays...

Either way, you would find these scones very, well, sconey! (Not too moist, not too dry, and somewhat crumbly.) The lemon glaze that I made for them was the perfect match with the blueberries.

PS Aren't my new dishes cute? A fellow runner got rid of items due to moving and I was the lucky gal who got these gems!
If you don't have access to the mix, here's a recipe to make from scratch from King Arthur's Website:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/blueberry-scones-recipe
Bake well and prosper!
 

3 comments:

  1. Aha! Your coworkers again? :D

    The scones look good but I don't think the premix is available here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I highly suggest trying the "from scratch" recipe. (Sent from desk amongst coworkers.) :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,

    King Arthur products are not available in Australia. Besides, I like to bake almost everything from scratch - I like the overall therapeutic baking feeling :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB