Monday, July 22, 2013

Almond Milk Buckwheat Pancakes

I woke up two Saturdays ago and didn't have a race, a rehearsal, a brunch, or a workout to go to. I knew exactly what to do with my rare free time: I was going to make pancakes.

But then I realized that I didn't have any milk in my fridge and only had almond milk. "Hmmm..." thought I. "Let's see what pancakes are like with almond milk."
Well, they were delicious! My almond milk was the sweetened variety and I added powdered sugar, bananas, and blueberries. It was the perfect amount of sweetness. No syrup needed! The pancakes themselves were a little less fluffy than normal ones without being too thin/stiff. They reminded me of a chubby crepe.

I highly recommend trying this recipe if you, too, have some almond milk in your fridge.
Almond Milk Buckwheat Pancakes (my own recipe)
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C buckwheat flour
1 Tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of almond milk
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten

Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until well mixed. Heat a pan on medium heat and coat with a little bit of butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto pan. Once a couple of bubble appear on top of the batter, flip to the other side. Once both sides are browned, remove from heat and enjoy.
Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

  1. i'm really liking the look of chickpea brownies AND buckwheat pancakes!! Wholesome and delicious! :)
    I know what u mean, free weekends are hard to come by - and when they do, I def agree with your plan of pancake making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,

    Me too feeling funny when I have nothing to do. I'm always doing something... Work, kid, running, housework and baking. Can't imagine waking up in the morning and got nothing to do... I wish.

    You must be feeling very relaxed on this Saturday enjoying this beautiful breakfast.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB