Thursday, March 28, 2013

Monkey Bread with Peeps

It's been awhile since I brought monkey bread into my office. I try to do it before a long weekend but I've been slacking. I didn't do it for MLK Day weekend nor for Presidents Day weekend.

But then inspiration popped into my head. Or should I say peeped into my head?
"Can I incorporate Peeps into monkey bread?"
 
After some research, I decided that yes, yes I could! 
I decided to melt some electric pink Peep bunnies with some butter to make a topping to put on the baked monkey bread.
These cute little bunnies with somewhat scary eyes were about to enjoy a butter jacuzzi and become...
A molten lava of pink goo.
Cool, right?
 
The marshmallowy topping poured nicely over the top of the baked and inverted monkey bread. It added a slight taste of Peeps to the bread, but over all just created more sugar to eat. Perfect!
Have a happy Easter!




Monkey Bread (aka Pull Apart Rolls) with Peeps (adapted from Mom's Best Recipes cookbook)
2 cans of biscuits (I prefer the extra buttery and fluffy ones)
1 C sugar
2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 C brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 package of Peeps
3 T butter

Generously grease tube pan with Crisco. In paper bag, put sugar and 2 t cinnamon. Using 1 can at a time, cut biscuits into quarters. Place in paper bag and shake to coat. Place evenly in tube pan.

(Second Part)
Boil together butter, brown sugar, and 1 t cinnamon. Pour mixture over biscuits. Bake 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before inverting.
 
While it's cooling, melt 8 Peeps with 3 Tablespoons of butter. Stir until completely melted.
 
Invert bread and pour Peep mixture on top.
 
Let guests pull apart.
Bake well and prosper!

4 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I love that you melt the peep to create a sweet and colorful sauce. :) So festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika! Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered what Peeps taste like, but could never do it! This might just be the way ;)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB