Thursday, January 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

Since I had some PB chips left over from my recipe last week, I decided it was finally time for me to make a chocolate cookie with them in it. I'm surprised I have never made these before. I mean, chocolate...peanut butter...cookie! Seems right up my alley!

These were rather easy to make. In fact, once the butter was soft, I got off the phone with my mom to make them. Then, about 15 minutes later, I called my mom because I forgot to tell her something during our previous chat. I also let her know the cookies were really good.

I do have to say that these are best RIGHT out of the oven. After a couple of days they get rather hard and lose their flavor. And now you have an excuse to eat all the cookies right after they're made. You're welcome.
Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies (adapted from allrecipes.com)
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2.In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the peanut butter chips. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Cool on wire racks.
Bake well and prosper!

5 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB