Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Raw & Vegan "Cookie Dough" Treats

Oh man. I have been slacking off in the kitchen. This is my first recipe post for April. (Yeah...I know...it's already April 24.) I could make a lot of excuses, but I'm just going to make one: this long winter in NYC is zapping my want to do much of anything. It's kind of sad.

Wearing a coat at the end of April is not my idea of stimulating.

Trying to make my own raw food recipe, however, DID stimulate my mind. Yesterday I started thinking of ways to make my own dessert recipe with almond butter. And can I just say, "Ohmygoodness! Thisissogood! Wanttoeatall! Nom nom nom."

I knew I wanted to make something with raw almond butter so I went to the local organic bodega in my neighborhood and bought some. (Please note: you can make your own almond butter, but my food processor is in need of an upgrade.) While I was in the store I also grabbed some raw chocolate sauce.
In my kitchen I grabbed some oatmeal and agave nectar and started to blend all four ingredients together. The "dough" came together beautifully. But I felt like it was missing something...
Ah! Cacao nibs! Yes! I rolled the dough in the nibs and thus created a lovely snack that I plan to make all week long. (Or until my ingredients run out.)
So, if you would like an easy treat to make that's also fairly good for you, try this recipe. It really does taste like cookie dough!
Raw & Vegan "Cookie Dough" Treats (by me!)
3/4 cup of dried oatmeal (I used quick oats)
2+ Tablespoons of raw almond butter
1+ Tablespoon of raw chocolate sauce
1 teaspoon of agave nectar (or use raw honey, maple syrup, or a food processed date)
cacao nibs for rolling the dough in

Stir the oatmeal, almond butter, and chocolate sauce together. Add more almond butter/chocolate sauce as needed to get the desired consistency. Stir in the agave nectar. This will help solidify the dough. Roll small amounts of dough in palm of hand and then roll in cacao nibs. Eat room temperature or place in fridge for 30 minutes.

Makes around 15.
Store in air tight container in fridge.
Bake well and prosper!

4 comments:

  1. Yumm! Such a nice healthy treat. I could use one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try these out!! I will definitely be making these soon. :)
    I'm your newest follower, and I'm pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB