Thursday, November 29, 2012

Swedish Cookies

It's been a week since Thanksgiving! Feels like much longer than that. A week ago I watched a monkey flying.
A frog floating.
A cat hovering.
I saw girls who can soar through the air too!
And it all finished with the man in a flying sled.
No wonder this past week has FLOWN by. ;)
 
Last week I was lucky enough to receive these Swedish Cookies from my mom (via my dad who brought them up with him when he visited.)
 
When I was younger these cookies were not my favorite because I was more focused on the chocolate and super sweet cookies. But now that I'm older and my taste buds have grown to love a lot more things, I really enjoyed eating these cookies. Thanks mom!
Swedish Cookies (from my Mom's Best Recipes Cookbook)
1 C butter
½ C powdered sugar
1¾ C flour
½ C chopped pecans (or a little more)
1 t vanilla
Cream butter well; add remaining ingredients. Roll into balls about 1" in diameter. Bake at 350°
for 15 min. While still a little warm, roll in powdered sugar.
 
(made by guest baker: my mom)
Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

  1. Your Mom's cookies look like real winners! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the parade - so cute! Those cookies look really delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,

    Totally agree that time files like crazy this year. It's Christmas soon and there is so many things that I have not do yet... *panic*

    I need to eat some your Swedish cookies to relax now! - LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB