Friday, September 21, 2012

No-bake Chocolate Crackle

When I made the Vegan Breakfast Cookies last week, I shared some with my coworker and explained to her how I used coconut oil for the first time ever. Another co-worker overheard and told me about a coconut oil based dessert they have in Australia (which is where he's from.)

I promptly asked for a link to a recipe and last night I finally had time to make them. (After being released early from an opera rehearsal. Yippee!)
I didn't want to buy a whole box of Rice Krispies that I wouldn't finish eating, so I decided to make this recipe with some Special K I had on hand. Man, these things are good (and sugary)! Super quick and no oven needed, these are a great last minute recipe to make for a party. I should have named them Special Krack!
No-bake Chocolate Crackle
Ingredients
4 cups of Special K (or cereal of your choice)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut (shredded if you can't find desiccated)
1cup+ ounces of coconut oil
3 Tblsp cocoa

In a large bowl, mix the Special K, powdered sugar, cocoa, and coconut.

Slowly melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.

Allow to cool slightly.

Add to the large bowl, stirring until well combined.

Spoon mixture into paper cupcake liners and refrigerate until firm.
Bake well and prosper!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB