Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies

I was going to make chocolate chip cookies. I WAS. But my brother called while I was on my way to the store to buy chocolate chips. I told him what I was up to and he told me about how he made cookies with dark chocolate m&ms.

My ears perked up. My taste buds were excited. Dark chocolate m&ms?! My plan quickly changed and I bought those instead of chocolate chips. Seeing that my brother's a pastor, maybe his phone call was a divine intervention? ;)
I used my trusted chocolate chip cookie recipe and wasn't let down. The cookie monster inside me rejoiced while eating these cookies. 

Do not worry. I didn't eat all of them. I shared! I know...I'm a nice person. These cookies hit the spot with their buttery and dark chocolate candy goodness. Maybe you won't want to share them...
Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies (adapted from My Mom's Best Recipe Book)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of brown
1 egg well beaten
1 cup and 2 Tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
6 oz of dark chocolate m&ms

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix butter, sugars, and egg together until well incorporated. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and then stir in batter until well mixed. Stir in vanilla. Add the m&ms. Place dollops of dough on a cookie sheet with room between each dollop. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove when edges are barely tan for softer cookies.
Bake well and prosper!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB