Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Potpourri - Buttered Rosemary & Orange Nuts


Ok. So, this isn't exactly a dessert. It DOES contain sugar, but I mean, seriously? Could I pull this off as a dessert at a bake sale? Exactly. Thus I have made a new entry idea for my blog: Potpourri. If I make something that isn't a dessert, but that I just HAVE to share with you, I'll label it as a Potpourri Post. (Say that 5 times fast.)

Well, I saw this recipe on Framed Cooks yesterday and I was so enraptured with it that I HAD to make it right away. Also, I had lots of nuts that needed to be used, so it was very much a win-win situation. Further side note: I know the sister of the author of Framed Cooks.

Anywho... these mixed nuts are so lovely! I have decided that they will be my afternoon snack every day this week. I hope you enjoy them too! 
Buttered Rosemary Orange Nuts (from Framed Cooks)
2 cups salted mixed nuts (Erika's Extra: I used raw nuts and added sea salt to them)
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons orange zest

1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When melted add the mixed nuts, sugar, rosemary, and orange zest. Stir just until the sugar is melted and everything is well-combined, which will take about 2 minutes.

2. Pour onto a piece of parchment paper or nonstick foil and let cool before serving. This will keep for at least a week...if it lasts that long!
Bake well and prosper!

8 comments:

  1. I find these kind of nuts so addictive. Once I start, its super hard for me to stop.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you called this an edible Potpourri. Never try to mix rosemary with nuts and this is new to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha awesome. love how u used the raw nuts and salted them yourself! would be great to have them for snacks at work...instead of cookies and choc haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange zest on nuts, dang girl, that sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well worth stretching the rules for these. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bunch of raw hazelnuts from our farmers' market visit on Sunday. I'll give these a shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB